Readers are welcome to comment on my postings, but please observe some commonsense rules:
- Please identify yourself to let me and others know we’re dealing with a real person who is willing to share thoughtful opinions.
- Don’t engage in personal attacks. Avoid deliberate insults (“flaming”). If you disagree with me or another person commenting, do so politely with rational points. Address the subject, not the writer. Feeling strongly about my posting or another comment is okay; deliberate insults are not.
- Please avoid racial bigotry, sexism or homophobia.
- No obscenities, libelous or slanderous material.
- Stay on the subject of the posting. If you digress to a different subject, relate your digression back to the posting. Don’t use it as a launch pad for an unrelated opinion.
- If you want to address a subject unrelated to my posting, you may suggest it as a subject for a future posting. My blog is aimed at addressing what I see as important on a particular occasion. Reasonable suggestions will be considered as possible future subject matter.