In Brief—With the national election on Tuesday, November 8, voters risk having a clueless tyrant, Donald Trump, destroy all that America stands for and its preeminent position in the world. Deny Donald Trump the Oval Office.
The Tyranny of Ignorance—
Disbelieving Swedes ask me if Donald Trump stands a chance of becoming president. I say he’s not only dangerous but arguably unhinged. In a rapidly changing world that will challenge the next president more than ever before, strange things can happen. We mustn’t allow Trump near the Oval Office.
The press, always focused on winning eyeballs, tells us that Trump doesn’t have a chance. Then why do they make his unlikely rise to prominence seem like he’s on third base ready to steal home?
This piece will sound a warning about not only Donald Trump but about the American voter.
The American Voter—
Voter memories are notoriously short. Politicians count on this and are returned to office even though they may be incompetent. Most voters have no idea what the party platform says even though it is the blueprint for the party politicians. You’d make money betting that your voting neighbor has no idea who his/her representative is, let alone what the representative stands for or votes for. The political party is all that counts for that voter. The voter’s brain is out-to-lunch.
So who are the voters who believe Trump’s hollow promises? We’ve seen them at his rallies as they roar their approval of his inanities and attack his opponents as Trump cheers them on. Those are the ignorant dupes who may put him in the Oval Office. Are you scared yet?
Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times lists the organizations that support a Trump win in November. Not all of Trump’s supporters have a racist motive, but some are unquestionably racist. Here’s the “List of Shame.”
- The Ku Klux Klan and it’s “Imperial Wizard;”
- The American Freedom Party, a white nationalist organization along with its former presidential candidate, Bob Whitaker;
- The American Nazi Party (fans of Adolph Hitler) although they are quiet about an endorsement for fear it will doom a Trump win;
- The Daily Stormer, a white supremacist website;
- The National Enquirer…the organization known to tell its audience about little green men;
- And, of course, many if not all of Trump’s rabid supporters who would toss the San Francisco 49ers quarterback out of the country along with the First Amendment to the Constitution.
- Trump has called Mexicans criminals and promised to build a huge wall along the border to keep them out. Trump doesn’t want brown-skinned folk whether they be Hispanic, of African heritage or any other group.
- He has repeatedly claimed that a judge of Mexican ancestry is unfair to him because of the judge’s heritage.
- He has chosen as his running mate Mike Pence, a politician whose sorry record includes not-so-subtle legislative attacks on women of color who would be denied the right to handle their own sexual health. This qualifies as both racism and misogyny. There is no doubt that Pence’s acts are blatant sexism.
Lest you forget because of the passage of time and human flaws…
- Trump said of Megyn Kelly that she had …”blood coming out of her [pause] wherever.”
- He said several times that Arianna Huffington was “ugly” or “very unattractive.” He has said that of a number of women including Cher, Heidi Klum, Angelina Jolie and others. To him, women are mere objects who are either pretty or ugly.
- In his book, Trump stated that women must be “…something pretty to see.”
- Aside from calling her “ugly” and a “slob,” Trump tweeted that he’d have to be paid a trillion dollars to kiss Rosie O’Donnell.
- He said to a woman expressing the need to breast-feed her baby, “You’re disgusting.”
- He stated that the military’s sexual assault record showed that the military should never have enlisted women to serve alongside men.
- He has stated that women who are smart should act “very feminine and needy” and that “inside they are real killers” who manipulate men with their eyes…”or perhaps another body part.”
I could go on and on, but you get the idea: Donald Trump is an egotistical misogynist. Now, despite his disgusting track record, he is pretending to be the most reasonable guy on the planet.
We have heard from his own mouth that Trump is not only an egotistical bully, but he’s a misogynistic racist spewing verbal diarrhea.
Add to his list of senseless disqualifications Trump’s assertion that he would exclude all Muslim immigrants because they might be terrorists. He seems to be unfamiliar with the Constitution.
Hillary Clinton is certainly not a paragon of virtue, but alongside Donald Trump she is an experienced and politically knowledgeable candidate who will govern effectively. It’s like comparing a gem to a pile of manure, Trump being the latter.
Responsible voters have the chance to reject Donald Trump in November. Send this guy back to his den. America neither wants nor needs a dangerous fear-monger like Trump to make the country “great again.” America is already great. Let’s keep that going.
For another perspective on the emptiness of Trump, Frank Bruni will give you another reason to reject Trump. Click here in the highlighted area to see why.
Vote for sanity in November. Reject Donald Trump. And remember those down-ballot representatives who may be supporting Trump!