In Brief—Under the guise of protecting them, the Republican Party has targeted females through outrageous deceit and abuse of their constitutional right to determine their own health. Facts are presented to show readers what is being done and solutions are offered to stop the lies and abuse before they go further.
The Republican Big Lie—
Attention Females! You are being abused and lied to regardless of your financial status, the color of your skin or where you live. Whether you live in a red state dominated by the Republican Party—but particularly in those states—or a blue state where a measure of sanity exists, the clowns running for president in the Republican Party and their supporters are abusing your privacy and spewing lies that are designed to steal your constitutional right to determine your own reproductive health, indeed, your overall bodily health.
The pecksniffs, mostly men but misguided women as well, have erected walls between you and your doctor, invaded your bedroom and even your womb. They have defunded the Planned Parenthood organization that treats basic health problems such as sexual diseases and provides breast exams and pap smears to prevent cancer. They have passed laws transparently designed to make it difficult if not impossible for females of limited means to access the few reproductive clinics open to them.
As if that abuse isn’t enough, they are telling lies about reproductive biology that would amaze even children in proper science classes. Giving the pecksniffs the benefit of a doubt, their ignorance of biology is no excuse for ignoring the Constitution of the United States. While ignorance impels some of them, pure willful deceptiveness motivates many of them.
Thomas Edsall of the New York Times exposes the lie that the overwhelming majority of the Republican clowns running for president say they believe. He presents a detailed blueprint of just how far from reality they and their supporters are. I urge you to CLICK on the highlighted area to fully understand the extent of the Republican candidates’ ignorance and pandering.
Basic Reproductive Facts—
Here is a simple statement of the actual facts.
- In the womb, a female’s egg is penetrated by a single male sperm cell. This is fertilization, BUT the egg floats free in the womb and has not yet attached itself to the wall of the uterus. A pregnancy has not yet begun.
- Once the fertilized egg attaches to the wall of the uterus, it is known as implantation and a pregnancy begins.
- Thanks to abortion opponents, conception is needlessly and purposely confused, but the common medical view is that conception refers to the beginning of pregnancy when the fertilized egg implants in the uterine wall.
- The first trimester of human pregnancy is 12 weeks in length and spans from implantation in the wall of the uterus until the end of week 12. Approximately 90% of all abortions take place during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- The second trimester of pregnancy is 12 weeks in length and spans from the end of week 12 through the end of week 24. About 9% of all abortions take place between week 13 and the end of week 24.
- Only about 1% of all abortions take place beyond week 24. Such fully legal abortions take place because of the threat to the mental or physical health of the mother as determined by a doctor.
- Abortion is broadly defined as either spontaneous (miscarriage) or artificially induced termination of a pregnancy. Legally, the term usually refers to induced abortion. The important word is “pregnancy,” i.e., after the fertilized egg attaches to the wall of the uterus. [See above.]
- Only 3% of Planned Parenthood’s services are abortions. In some states, they perform NO abortions.
- The Intra-uterine device (IUD) contains copper that either disables the sperm or makes the wall of the uterus resistant to implantation…or both. Along with the “Morning-After” pill, the two are effective contraceptives, i.e., they prevent pregnancy.
- The U.S. Supreme Court has held not only that abortion is legal but a female has the right to a late-term abortion, i.e., beyond week 24, as long as a doctor has determined that a third trimester abortion is necessary to preserve the life or health of the woman. Repeat: abortions are legal.
Know the Enemy—
The Republican clowns running for president and the opponents of abortion—overwhelmingly Republicans—lie outrageously and routinely abuse females. Abortion opponents have duplicitously edited film footage to falsely smear Planned Parenthood (PP), and some have even engaged in violence and murder.
Republican-dominated states have defunded PP despite the organization’s saving those states from a wide variety of costs related to sexual diseases. Additionally, defunding PP will also attack Medicaid. Not only does PP save taxpayer money, red state politicians are ignoring the wide support of PP by their constituents. The actions of the red states can be considered “cutting off your nose to spite your face.”
There is an election in November of 2016. The Republican clowns are spouting lies and pandering to their base in the expectation that voters will put a Republican in the Oval Office and continue or expand their dominance in the House, the Senate and at the state level. Don’t let them.
The presidency is important, but the so-called “down ballot” positions are also critically important. Remove from office the liars who are hurting you and cast your vote for honesty and sanity. Don’t let the Republicans lie and abuse females any more. Don’t turn America into a theocracy based on lies.
Get the actual facts, support Planned Parenthood and support good health.
P.S. In case you missed it, Dr. Walter Palmer, the trophy hunter who illegally killed Cecil, the lion, has returned to his dental practice in Minnesota. Cecil won’t get to return to his family in the Zimbabwean reserve. Dr. Palmer is the culprit, not his family, his staff or his patients. Meanwhile, the United States is doing nothing despite Zimbabwe’s demand that Palmer be turned over for trial on poaching charges. Post this on Facebook or Twitter.